If you already have a website, or you have developed a site locally, and wish to migrate it to your Elementor Cloud account you may use the following methods.
Using the Elementor Import / Export Tools
The Export Kit function will allow you to export your entire Elementor content or selected content from one website and import it into another using the Import Kit function. Imported pages and templates will retain display conditions and site settings including colors, typography, and other globals.
Note: You will need to install all the plugin dependencies of your old site to your Cloud website (example: WooCommerce, Elementor Third Party Addons)
Using The WordPress Import / Export Tools
You may also use the WordPress native import / export tools to migrate your website. You can find this by navigating to WP Dashboard > Tools
Export Your Data
From the Export dashboard, choose the content you want to migrate over. For smaller sites, you may choose the All content option. For larger sites however, it may be necessary to break the process into separate files.
Import Your Data
- On your Cloud Website, Navigate to the Import Dashboard. From the list below, install the WordPress Importer
- From the Importer screen select your downloaded XML file. Due to Cloud restrictions, you may only upload a 50mb file maximum. This cannot be increased. You will need to break up the file into smaller files above
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to assign the author, or create one. Choose yourself if unsure. Toggle the import attachments to retrieve the images and other media of your original site. Some images and Featured images may fail to import. This is an old issue from many years and not related to Elementor
- The importer will take a few minutes to run and give you an “All Done Have Fun” message
- Install all dependent plugins on the Cloud Site.
- Resave permalinks
- Run the Elementor Find And Replace tools
- Replace any missing images / dependencies
Important: Using third party migration plugins such as All In One Migration, Duplicator, or others is not recommended for migrating your existing site to the Cloud as they may overwrite the Elementor Pro Subscription connection. If this happens, you may use the Cloud backup restore tools to restore your original connection.