This tutorial is to help you learn how to create and add pages, posts, and other site content to your navigation menu. You may create your own menu from your themes customizer. For this example we will be using the Hello Theme. Please refer to your themes documentation if using other WordPress or paid themes.
From the top Admin Bar of your website, or from Dashboard > Appearance choose to enter the Customizer. Select the Menus accordion here:
- Click the Create New Menu button
- Name your new menu (example: Primary) and toggle the menu location.
- Click the Add Items button. A panel will expand showing the available items to add to your menu. Add your newly imported Elementor Pages.
- You will now have these pages in your menu. You may click and drag to reorder them as desired.
- You can also add Categories or other content related to your Kit by expanding the items.
- Create Sub-Menus by dragging the items under a parent item so they are slightly indented.
- Set the Menu Location primary and publish your menu.
Assign Menu To The Nav Menu Widget
You may now also need to assign your new menu to the Nav Menu widget. To do this, edit your Header template in the Theme Builder. From the Menu selector field, choose your newly created menu to assign it to the widget.
Note: If your Footer template uses a Nav Menu widget, you may use the steps above to create and assign an additional menu(s)to be used.
Note: Learn more about the Navigation Widget here.