What is a header?
Headers appear at the top of most web pages. In general, sites have one standard header used for every page on the site – although some pages on a site may not have a header or need a custom header.
The Header Site Part section of the Theme Builder lists all Headers you’ve created, if any, giving quick access to add, edit, or delete any header.
If no headers have been created yet, you will be prompted to create one. Click Add New in the upper right corner of the Header Site Part screen.
Once you’ve created at least one header, you will be able to manage them here.
Edit An Existing Header’s Design
- To edit an existing Header, click the Header label in the sidebar. This will open the Header’s details dashboard.
- Click the Edit link in the upper right corner of the specific Header you wish to edit. This will open the Elementor editor for that Header.
Edit An Existing Header’s Conditions
- Click the Edit Conditions link in the bottom left corner of the Header you wish to edit. This will directly open the Display Conditions editor for that Header.
Note: The Dot Display in the upper left corner of the Headerindicates which site parts are live (has Display Conditions assigned to it), and which are merely drafts (no Display Conditions have been assigned). A Green Dot indicates a live Header, while a Gray Dot indicates a draft Header.
Note: The Instances label in the lower left corner of the Header displays the specific instances in which this template is being used on the site.
Export A Header
- Click the Three Horizontal Dots in the upper right of the Header you wish to export.
- Choose Export to open a Save dialog which will save a .json file to your computer.
Delete A Header
- Click the Three Horizontal Dots in the upper right of the Header you wish to delete.
- Choose Delete which will open a Delete Part confirmation dialog box.
- Click Cancel if you change your mind and decide you don’t want to delete the Header, or click Delete to confirm that you do wish to delete this Header.
Rename A Header
- Click the Three Horizontal Dots in the upper right of the Header you wish to rename.
- Choose Rename which will open a Rename Part dialog box.
- Enter the new name and click Change to complete the rename process, or click Cancel if you change your mind and decide you don’t want to rename this Header.