Once you’ve changed and tested your edited site, you’ll need to copy over the information from your staging site to your live site.
Note: This will overwrite the files on your live site and replace them with the files on your staging server.
Pushing the files to your live site
Copying the files from your staging site to your live site is known as “pushing” your files. To push your files to the live site:
- Go to your My Elementor dashboard.
- Locate the card of the website you want to copy.
- Click Manage this website.
- Click Advanced.
- Click Manage Staging.
Note: A gold bar at the top of the screen, indicates you are accessing the staging environment.
- Scroll down to the Staging Actions section.
- Select Push to live.
- Confirm you want to overwrite your live site with the files from your live site and click Push changes to live.
After this you’ll end up at your My Elementor screen. The card of the website will note that the files are being pushed to the live site until the process is complete.
Note: While the files are being pushed to your live site, the site will not be accessible. We suggest pushing files at a time when you don’t expect much traffic (e.g. late at night/early morning).