Table Of Contents
If the Edit With Elementor link has disappeared from the WordPress Admin Bar, please check for the following possible reasons.
The Post Type has not been selected in Elementor’s settings
- Go to Elementor > Settings and make sure the relevant post type is checked.
General Troubleshooting Tips
If the post type is selected, but the problem persists, consider any changes that have been made recently to your site. To find the cause of the problem, follow these general troubleshooting tips:
- Did this happen after upgrading WordPress to a new version? If you’ve recently upgraded WordPress, a change in the core code may be having an impact on the items shown in the admin bar. If this is the case, check with the WordPress support forum for possible solutions.
- There may be a plugin which is causing this issue. Try to deactivate all of your plugins (besides Elementor) and see if the Edit with Elementor link returns. If this solves the issue, reactivate each plugin, one by one, until the problem returns. This will help you discover which plugin is causing the problem.
- Your theme may also be causing this issue. To test, temporarily switch your theme to a default WordPress theme such as Twenty Twenty. (Your current theme settings will not be lost, and your site will return to normal as soon as you switch back to your normal theme). If the problem disappears with the use of the default WordPress theme, but reappears with the use of your theme, contact your theme’s developers for help to resolve the issue.
- Have you added any custom code? Temporarily remove the code to see if the problem is solved. If so, you’ll need to troubleshoot your custom code to resolve the issue.
If the Edit with Elementor link is not visible in the Admin Bar, go to the page or post listings instead (e.g. Pages > All Pages). Hover over the page or post you wish to edit, and click the Edit with Elementor link that appears on hover. This will allow you to edit the page even when the Admin Bar link is not available.