This section of the Elementor Form widget lets you add and manage each of the form fields that will be included in the form.
Form Name – Name the form.
Form Fields – A list of the fields in your form. You can duplicate, add or delete fields as you please. You can drag and drop to change their order.
Click on a field to view its settings.
- Type – Choose the type of field you want
- Label – The name of the field, displayed on the form and on the email you receive from the user.
- Placeholder – The frontend display name of the field.
- Required – Switch it on to set the field as a Required field.
- Column Width – Lets you set the width of the field. If you want a form with two fields in one row – set each field to 50%.
Types of Fields
- Text – A simple text field. i.e. Name
- Email – An email type. Includes validation for email
- Text Area – A textarea type. You can set the number of rows
- URL – A website URL field
- Tel – A telephone number type
- Radio – A radio type. Single choice. You can slide the Inline List for a horizontal style. Click for more options
- Select – A select type. Dropdown list of options. Can set to multiple selection. Click for more options
- Checkbox – A checkbox type. Check one or more options. You can slide the Inline List for a horizontal style. Click for more options
- Acceptance – Add a terms checkbox for the user to accept
- Number – A number type
- Date – Add a date picker field
- Time – Add a time picker field
- File Upload – Allow your users to upload files
- Password – Add a password field
- HTML – Add an HTML field
- Hidden – Add a hidden field. Hidden to the user, but visible to the Admin
- reCAPTCHA – Add a reCAPTCHA. reCAPTCHA verifies the user is not a robot
- Honeypot – Adds a Honeypot to your form. A honeypot is a hidden field designed as a decoy for spambots that are filling out forms. Humans won’t see the field, so they won’t fill it out. Because a bot cannot tell that the field is hidden, it will fill it out. If a honeypot field is not empty upon submission, the form is obviously a bot-filled spam submission and will be automatically rejected.
- Input Size – Set the height of the fields.
- Label – Show or hide the labels on the form.
Learn more about the Form Widget (Pro)
Note: All field error messages are controlled by the browser.
More Form Options
This page outlines the Form Fields options. For other Form options, click one of the links below: